SKU (ISBN): 9780819874214
John Paul 2nd | Illustrator: Michael Waldstein
Binding: Trade Paper
Theology Of The Body
Publisher: Pauline Books and Media
In this new critical translation of Pope John Paul II’s magnum opus, internationally renowned biblical scholar Michael Waldstein presents John Paul II’s magnificent vision of the human person with meticulous scholarship and profound insight.
In this vision, John Paul II presents a catechesis centered on the human person, understood within the mystery of Christ. Going back to the biblical “beginning” as recorded in Genesis, the pope discusses the bodily dimension of human personhood, sexuality, and marriage and celibacy in the light of biblical revelation.
Complete with a new introduction and new footnotes, this edition has been crafted with a penetrating eye to the past twenty years of study since John Paul II gave his Theology of the Body talks.
* A foreword by Cardinal Schoenborn, Archbishop of Vienna.
* A preface by Christopher West.
* The catecheses of Song of Songs and Tobit: a comparison between the delivered text and the longer original pre-Papal text.
* A comprehensive index of words and phrases.
* A scriptural index.
* A reference table for other versions of the papal texts.