SKU (ISBN): 9780830845514
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: InterVarsity Press
Part 1: Appreciating Their Stories
1. God’s Amazing Daughters
2. Navigating Power When Serving
3. Being Authentic When Leading
Part 2: The Faithful Connected Leader
4. A Distinctive Foundation
5. Connected In Different Ways
6. Persevering With Wisdom
7. Prioritizing Impact And Excellence
Part 3: Realities Of Gender Discrimination
8. Caring About Challenges
9. Strategies That Accommodate Others
10. When Accommodation Hinders Faithfulness
Part 4: What Women Need To Do Their Best Work
11. Husbands Who Act Like Jesus
12. A Healthier Metaphor In The Workplace
13. Men Courageously Opening Opportunities
14. Cultivating Encouragement And Growth
15. Addressing Remaining Issues
Conclusion: What Might This Mean For The Future?
Appendix: Research Details And Methodology
Women have advanced God’s mission throughout history and around the world. But women often face particular obstacles in ministry. What do we need to know about how women thrive?
Mission researcher Mary Lederleitner interviewed and surveyed respected women in mission leadership from across the globe to gather their insights, expertise, and best practices. She unveils how women serve in distinctive ways and identifies key traits of faithful connected leaders. When women face opposition based on their gender, they employ various strategies to carry on with resilience and hope. Real-life stories and case studies shed light on dynamics that inhibit women and also give testimony to God’s grace and empowerment in the midst of challenges.
Women and men will find resources here for partnering together in effective ministry and mission. Organizations can help women flourish through advocacy, mentoring, and addressing structural issues. Wherever God has invited you to serve and lead, discover that you are not alone as you answer the call.