SKU (ISBN): 9781594732126
Binding: Cloth Text
Publisher: Skylight Paths Publishing
Honest, caring words and activities-from a Christian perspective-
help kids work through their grief.
* Part One: Remembering after the Funeral
* Part Two: Remembering throughout the Whole Year
* Part Three: Remembering during the Holidays
The death of a grandparent is often a child’s first encounter with grief. Why did this happen? How do I feel? Drawing on concepts from psychology and a broad perspective on Christian faith, Remembering My Grandparent provides a sensitive and practical resource that will help children ages 7 to 13 cope with the death of a loved one. Kids can write, draw, pray, create, and express feelings via concrete, hands-on activities including:
* Becoming a Memory Detective to uncover clues to their grandparent’s own childhood
* Recording favorite memories, photographs and events
* Turning Christmas, Easter and other holidays into times of special remembrance
Open and gentle, this book will help kids-and their parents with them-understand difficult concepts and communicate deep feelings as they grow through their season of mourning.