SKU (ISBN): 9781784983413
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: The Good Book Company
1. The Evangelist Is The Lord
2. The Evangelist Cares Because The Nations Are His
3. The Evangelist Directs All Our Circumstances And Conversations
4. The Evangelist Who Saves Through A Sacrificial Substitute
5. The Evangelist Is Always There
6. The Evangelist Transforms Rebels By His Grace
7. The Evangelist Is Kinder Than Idols
8. The Evangelist Will Judge Us All
9. The Evangelist Calls Us All To Turn In Repentant Faith
10. The Evangelist Has Promised To Relent
11. The Evangelist Challenges Our Cultural Prejudices
12. The Evangelist Is Full Of Compassion
Jonah is famous for being a reluctant evangelist. But God had other plans!
If we’re honest, we are also often very reluctant when it comes to telling others about Jesus. We can learn from God’s dealings with Jonah about how to be effective for the Lord, whom we love and want to serve. We can move from can’t and don’t to can and do.
Like Jonah we need learn to trust his awesome power (chapter 1), experience his sovereign grace (chapter 2), fear his coming judgment (chapter 3) and share his gut-wrenching compassion (chapter 4). All this is perfectly revealed in Jesus, the divine Evangelist, and as we look to him and as the Holy Spirit fills our hearts with his evangelistic compassion, our hearts will sing with the melodic line of Jonah, “Salvation comes from the LORD” (Jonah 2 v 11) and our lives will erupt with the evangelistic enterprise that our cities so desperately need.