SKU (ISBN): 9780830856121
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: InterVarsity Press
Print On Demand Product
This Is The Bible
Part One: The Primary Questions
1. Who Wrote The Bible?
2. How Is It Different From Other Books?
3. Who Decided What Went Into It?
4. How Accurate Can It Be?
5. Did God Really Write It?
Part Two: The Purpose Questions
6. Does The Bible Speak To People?
7. What’s The Bible’s Purpose?
8. Can The Bible Make Me A Better Person?
9. What’s The Bible’s Central Message?
10. What’s The Bible’s Storyline?
Part Three: The Probing Questions
11. Why Are There So Many Translations?
12. Why Was God So Violent In The Old Testament?
13. Why Is There Only One Way To Heaven?
14. When Will Jesus Return?
15. Where Do You Find The Trinity In Scripture?
Part Four: The Practical Questions
16. How Can I Study The Bible?
17. How Can I Find The Meaning Of The Text?
18. How Can I Apply What I Learn?
19. Where Can I Get Help With The Bible?
20. How Can I Master This Book?
Small Group Study Guide
Appendix: The Bible Study Process
The Bible In One Verse (Romans 6:23)
The Bible isn’t meant to be left unquestioned; it’s meant to be opened and read and questioned. And everyone has questions about the Bible–from the senior pastor of the big church down the road to the guest at the hotel off the interstate. Where did it come from? Who wrote it? Why are people so inspired by it (or fearful of it)? What does it have to do with my life? Hal Seed takes you on a tour into and behind the Bible, so that you get to know it and the God who makes himself known in it.