SKU (ISBN): 9780802404671
Binding: Trade Paper
Publisher: Moody Publishers
Print On Demand Product
1. The Baptism Of The Spirit In Charismatic Christianity
2. The Baptism Of The Spirit Misunderstood
3. The Baptism Of The Spirit In The Gospels
4. The Baptism Of The Spirit At Pentecost And At Samaria
5. The Baptism Of The Spirit At Caesarea And Ephesus
6. The Baptism Of The Spirit In I Corinthians, Romans, And Galatians
7. The Baptism Of The Spirit In Ephesians, Colossians, And I Peter
8. The Baptism Of The Spirit And The Gifts Of The Spirit
9. The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit And Power
The charismatic movement, with its emphasis on Spirit baptism and the manifestation gifts of the Spirit, become one of the most prominent features of twentieth-century Christianity.
Dr. Unger traces the doctrine of the baptism of the Spirit through the New Testament. In the final two chapters he puts the doctrine into its proper place with respect to spiritual gifts and the experiences of the Holy Sprit’s power for Christian living.
Since a great danger of the charismatic movement lies in its understanding of the nature of Christian maturity, Dr. Unger points out that true maturity is achieved only in day-by-day obedience, Bible study, and prayer.